|By Liz McMillan||
|January 30, 2014 06:45 AM EST||
The explosive growth of cloud, mobile, and social technologies is driving the need for organizations to gain faster and easier access to innovative and trusted business applications. To address this need, Oracle launched the Oracle Cloud Marketplace at Oracle OpenWorld 2013. Today, Oracle announced that DocuSign and Badgeville have created innovative new business applications using Oracle Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) and listed them in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace. The Oracle Cloud Marketplace features hundreds of business applications developed by Oracle partners such as DocuSign and Badgeville, and enables Oracle Cloud customers to easily browse, evaluate, and license trusted business applications.
- Extending its commitment to providing customers with easy access to innovative and trusted Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud applications, Oracle today announced the availability of new applications from DocuSign and Badgeville on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace.
- DocuSign, the global leader in eSignature transaction management, has listed its eSignature solution, an extension to the Oracle Sales Cloud, on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace to help Oracle users accelerate transactions to increase speed to results, reduce costs, and delight customers.
- Badgeville, a global leader in gamification technology to drive customer loyalty and employee performance, has listed its solution, The Behavior Platform for Oracle Sales Cloud, on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace.
- Leveraging the Oracle Java Cloud Service, an Oracle Cloud PaaS offering, both DocuSign and Badgeville developed their applications to extend and integrate with the Oracle Sales Cloud.
- Oracle Cloud PaaS provides an enterprise-grade application development and deployment platform in the cloud. With Oracle Cloud PaaS, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) partners can quickly and easily create scalable, standards-based applications that extend Oracle Cloud SaaS applications.
- The Oracle Cloud Marketplace gives Oracle partners a highly effective cloud applications distribution channel, providing an opportunity to market and sell innovative solutions directly to Oracle's customer base.
- With the Oracle Cloud Marketplace, Oracle Cloud customers and partners can achieve greater success with trusted and innovative applications in key business areas including sales and marketing; customer service and support; finance and operations; human resources; and software development.
- The Oracle Cloud Marketplace provides Oracle Cloud customers with an easy to use interface to search and find applications best suited to meet their business needs. Application listings in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace include relevant details, such as user ratings and reviews, to help customers determine whether applications are a good fit for their businesses.
- With the Oracle Cloud Marketplace, Oracle's extensive ecosystem of 390,000 customers, 25,000 partners and 15 million community developers can foster and cultivate an environment of shared innovation.
- "To remain competitive in today's highly connected business environment, organizations are increasingly adopting innovative cloud applications to support their everyday business operations. We are happy to see partners like DocuSign and Badgeville building new extensions to Oracle Cloud SaaS applications by leveraging a secure and enterprise-grade platform that is based on open standards, integrated to work together seamlessly and one that supports full portability between on-premise and cloud environments," said Prashant Ketkar, VP Product Management, Oracle.
- "DocuSign helps organizations of all sizes and industries keep business digital from start to finish to accelerate speed to results, reduce costs, and delight customers," said Neil Hudspith, Chief Revenue Officer, DocuSign. "We wanted a platform that allows for configuring once and deploying to multiple devices such as desktop and mobile. Oracle Cloud PaaS and the Oracle Cloud Marketplace delivered exactly what we needed. Extending the Oracle Sales Cloud helps our customers quickly and easily access sales contracts and securely DocuSign them to close deals -- anytime, anywhere."
- "Badgeville's gamification platform supercharges sales performance by motivating desired employee and partner behaviors in the Oracle Sales Cloud. In choosing Oracle Cloud PaaS, we found an integrated and efficient platform for development and deployment and the Oracle Cloud Marketplace to quickly and easily get our solution to market," said Ted Farrell, CTO Badgeville.
- Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- Sign up - Oracle Cloud
- Learn more - Oracle Cloud
- Join the Oracle Cloud online communities: Twitter, Facebook and blogs
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Clutch is now a Docker Authorized Consulting Partner, having completed Docker's certification course on the "Docker Accelerator for CI Engagements." More info about Clutch's success implementing Docker can be found here. Docker is an open platform for developers and system administrators to build, ship and run distributed applications. With Docker, IT organizations shrink application delivery from months to minutes, frictionlessly move workloads between data centers and the cloud and achieve 20x greater efficiency in their use of computing resources. Inspired by an active community and trans...
Oct. 5, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 406
Today, we are in the middle of a paradigm shift as we move from managing applications on VMs and containers to embracing everything that the cloud and XaaS (Everything as a Service) has to offer. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Kevin Hoffman, Advisory Solutions Architect at Pivotal Cloud Foundry, will provide an overview of 12-factor apps and migrating enterprise apps to the cloud. Kevin Hoffman is an Advisory Solutions Architect for Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and has spent the past 20 years building enterprise and mobile software for small businesses, massive enterprises, and everything in ...
Oct. 5, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 654
DevOps delivers remarkable results. But does it help all of IT? Can traditional ‘mode 1’ IT benefit as much as innovative ‘mode 2’? How about the rest of your business? Or have you just shifted your bottleneck? And if so, what can you do about it? Improving dev and ops is necessary, but not sufficient. It often just shifts the burden sideways (e.g., to PMs, SQA, InfoSec, DBAs, NOC, etc.), upstream (to the PMO, Controller, Business Liaison, etc.), or downstream (to TechPubs, Service Desk, Training, etc.).
Oct. 5, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 674
SYS-CON Events announced today that Logz.io has been named a "Bronze Sponsor" of SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Logz.io provides open-source software ELK turned into a log analytics platform that is simple, infinitely- scalable, highly available, and secure.
Oct. 5, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 783
For almost two decades, businesses have discovered great opportunities to engage with customers and even expand revenue through digital systems, including web and mobile applications. Yet, even now, the conversation between the business and the technologists that deliver these systems is strained, in large part due to misaligned objectives. In his session at DevOps Summit, James Urquhart, Senior Vice President of Performance Analytics at SOASTA, Inc., will discuss how measuring user outcomes – including how the performance, flow and content of your digital systems affects those outcomes – ca...
Oct. 5, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 305
DevOps is gaining traction in the federal government – and for good reasons. Heightened user expectations are pushing IT organizations to accelerate application development and support more innovation. At the same time, budgetary constraints require that agencies find ways to decrease the cost of developing, maintaining, and running applications. IT now faces a daunting task: do more and react faster than ever before – all with fewer resources.
Oct. 5, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 276
The cloud has reached mainstream IT. Those 18.7 million data centers out there (server closets to corporate data centers to colocation deployments) are moving to the cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Achim Weiss, CEO & co-founder of ProfitBricks, will share how two companies – one in the U.S. and one in Germany – are achieving their goals with cloud infrastructure. More than a case study, he will share the details of how they prioritized their cloud computing infrastructure deployments and the details they’ve learned. From performance to network configurations, they've got interesting...
Oct. 5, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 655
Decisions about budgets and resources are often made without IT even having a seat at the table. As technologist we understand the value of DevOps - but do your business counterparts? If they don't, your DevOps initiatives could lose funding before they start. In her session at DevOps Summit, Jeanne Morain, Strategist / Author at iSpeak Cloud, LLC, will provide insights on how to bridge the gap between business and technology leaders. Attendees will learn prescriptive guidance on balancing workloads, critical communication processes and considerations for building out a solid return-on-inves...
Oct. 5, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 544
The modern software development landscape consists of best practices and tools that allow teams to deliver software in a near-continuous manner. By adopting a culture of automation, measurement and sharing, the time to ship code has been greatly reduced, allowing for shorter release cycles and quicker feedback from customers and users. Still, with all of these tools and methods, how can teams stay on top of what is taking place across their infrastructure and codebase? Hopping between services and command line interfaces creates context-switching that slows productivity, efficiency, and may le...
Oct. 5, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 311
While testing is often ignored when it comes to DevOps - it could be the most important aspect of achieving true DevOps success. Without rethinking automated testing from the ground-up, the entire DevOps productivity gain cannot be realized. Large tech companies build their own rapid test automation that runs in minutes across functional, performance, security and other tests. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kevin Surace, CEO of Appvance, will discuss how we learn from these real-world successes and achieve a 95% time reduction in creating and running automated unified tests. Otherwise ent...
Oct. 4, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 405
SYS-CON Events announced today that JFrog, maker of Artifactory, the popular Binary Repository Manager, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based in California, Israel and France, founded by longtime field-experts, JFrog, creator of Artifactory and Bintray, has provided the market with the first Binary Repository solution and a software distribution social platform.
Oct. 4, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 490
Clearly the way forward is to move to cloud be it bare metal, VMs or containers. One aspect of the current public clouds that is slowing this cloud migration is cloud lock-in. Every cloud vendor is trying to make it very difficult to move out once a customer has chosen their cloud. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Naveen Nimmu, CEO of Clouber, Inc., will advocate that making the inter-cloud migration as simple as changing airlines would help the entire industry to quickly adopt the cloud without worrying about any lock-in fears. In fact by having standard APIs for IaaS would help PaaS expl...
Oct. 4, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 397
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
Oct. 4, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 551
Docker is hot. However, as Docker container use spreads into more mature production pipelines, there can be issues about control of Docker images to ensure they are production-ready. Is a promotion-based model appropriate to control and track the flow of Docker images from development to production? In his session at DevOps Summit, Fred Simon, Co-founder and Chief Architect of JFrog, will demonstrate how to implement a promotion model for Docker images using a binary repository, and then show how to distribute them to any kind of consumer, being it a customer or a data center.
Oct. 4, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 676
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ability. Many are unable to effectively engage and inspire, creating forward momentum in the direction...
Oct. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 835
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo® and DevOps Summit 2015 Silicon Valley, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Alert Logic provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid IT infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions.
Oct. 4, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,358
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Oct. 4, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 270
DevOps is speeding towards the IT world like a freight train and the hype around it is deafening. There is no reason to be afraid of this change as it is the natural reaction to the agile movement that revolutionized development just a few years ago. By definition, DevOps is the natural alignment of IT performance to business profitability. The relevance of this has yet to be quantified but it has been suggested that the route to the CEO’s chair will come from the IT leaders that successfully make the transition to a DevOps model. If this still seems foreign to you, I recommend reading up on D...
Oct. 4, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 14,018
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloud Raxak has been named “Media & Session Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Raxak Protect automates security compliance across private and public clouds. Using the SaaS tool or managed service, developers can deploy cloud apps quickly, cost-effectively, and without error.
Oct. 3, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 579
The principles behind DevOps are not new - for decades people have been automating system administration and decreasing the time to deploy apps and perform other management tasks. However, only recently did we see the tools and the will necessary to share the benefits and power of automation with a wider circle of people. In his session at DevOps Summit, Bernard Sanders, Chief Technology Officer at CloudBolt Software, will explore the latest tools including Puppet, Chef, Docker, and CMPs needed to move from an insulated culture where automation is absent or hoarded to one where the power of ...
Oct. 1, 2015 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 301
SYS-CON Media announced that Splunk, a provider of the leading software platform for real-time Operational Intelligence, has launched an ad campaign on Big Data Journal. Splunk software and cloud services enable organizations to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine-generated big data coming from websites, applications, servers, networks, sensors and mobile devices. The ads focus on delivering ROI - how improved uptime delivered $6M in annual ROI, improving customer operations by mining large volumes of unstructured data, and how data tracking delivers uptime when it matters most.
Oct. 1, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 7,396
As a company adopts a DevOps approach to software development, what are key things that both the Dev and Ops side of the business must keep in mind to ensure effective continuous delivery? In his session at DevOps Summit, Mark Hydar, Head of DevOps, Ericsson TV Platforms, will share best practices and provide helpful tips for Ops teams to adopt an open line of communication with the development side of the house to ensure success between the two sides.
Sep. 30, 2015 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 505
At first adopted by enterprises to consolidate physical servers, virtualization is now widely used in cloud computing to offer elasticity and scalability. On the other hand, Docker has developed a new way to handle Linux containers, inspired by version control software such as Git, which allows you to keep all development versions. In his session at 17th Cloud Expo, Dominique Rodrigues, the co-founder and CTO of Nanocloud Software, will discuss how in order to also handle QEMU / KVM virtual machines versions, they have developed a new tool, called Vm_commit, which can create commits, backup ...
Sep. 30, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 561
Even though you are running an agile development process, that doesn’t necessarily mean that your performance testing is being conducted in a truly agile way. Saving performance testing for a “final sprint” before release still treats it like a waterfall development step, with all the cost and risk that comes with that. In this post, we will show you how to make load testing happen early and often by putting SLAs on the agile task board.
Sep. 30, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 529
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 28, 2015 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,392