|By Liz McMillan||
|January 30, 2014 06:45 AM EST||
The explosive growth of cloud, mobile, and social technologies is driving the need for organizations to gain faster and easier access to innovative and trusted business applications. To address this need, Oracle launched the Oracle Cloud Marketplace at Oracle OpenWorld 2013. Today, Oracle announced that DocuSign and Badgeville have created innovative new business applications using Oracle Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) and listed them in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace. The Oracle Cloud Marketplace features hundreds of business applications developed by Oracle partners such as DocuSign and Badgeville, and enables Oracle Cloud customers to easily browse, evaluate, and license trusted business applications.
- Extending its commitment to providing customers with easy access to innovative and trusted Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud applications, Oracle today announced the availability of new applications from DocuSign and Badgeville on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace.
- DocuSign, the global leader in eSignature transaction management, has listed its eSignature solution, an extension to the Oracle Sales Cloud, on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace to help Oracle users accelerate transactions to increase speed to results, reduce costs, and delight customers.
- Badgeville, a global leader in gamification technology to drive customer loyalty and employee performance, has listed its solution, The Behavior Platform for Oracle Sales Cloud, on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace.
- Leveraging the Oracle Java Cloud Service, an Oracle Cloud PaaS offering, both DocuSign and Badgeville developed their applications to extend and integrate with the Oracle Sales Cloud.
- Oracle Cloud PaaS provides an enterprise-grade application development and deployment platform in the cloud. With Oracle Cloud PaaS, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) partners can quickly and easily create scalable, standards-based applications that extend Oracle Cloud SaaS applications.
- The Oracle Cloud Marketplace gives Oracle partners a highly effective cloud applications distribution channel, providing an opportunity to market and sell innovative solutions directly to Oracle's customer base.
- With the Oracle Cloud Marketplace, Oracle Cloud customers and partners can achieve greater success with trusted and innovative applications in key business areas including sales and marketing; customer service and support; finance and operations; human resources; and software development.
- The Oracle Cloud Marketplace provides Oracle Cloud customers with an easy to use interface to search and find applications best suited to meet their business needs. Application listings in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace include relevant details, such as user ratings and reviews, to help customers determine whether applications are a good fit for their businesses.
- With the Oracle Cloud Marketplace, Oracle's extensive ecosystem of 390,000 customers, 25,000 partners and 15 million community developers can foster and cultivate an environment of shared innovation.
- "To remain competitive in today's highly connected business environment, organizations are increasingly adopting innovative cloud applications to support their everyday business operations. We are happy to see partners like DocuSign and Badgeville building new extensions to Oracle Cloud SaaS applications by leveraging a secure and enterprise-grade platform that is based on open standards, integrated to work together seamlessly and one that supports full portability between on-premise and cloud environments," said Prashant Ketkar, VP Product Management, Oracle.
- "DocuSign helps organizations of all sizes and industries keep business digital from start to finish to accelerate speed to results, reduce costs, and delight customers," said Neil Hudspith, Chief Revenue Officer, DocuSign. "We wanted a platform that allows for configuring once and deploying to multiple devices such as desktop and mobile. Oracle Cloud PaaS and the Oracle Cloud Marketplace delivered exactly what we needed. Extending the Oracle Sales Cloud helps our customers quickly and easily access sales contracts and securely DocuSign them to close deals -- anytime, anywhere."
- "Badgeville's gamification platform supercharges sales performance by motivating desired employee and partner behaviors in the Oracle Sales Cloud. In choosing Oracle Cloud PaaS, we found an integrated and efficient platform for development and deployment and the Oracle Cloud Marketplace to quickly and easily get our solution to market," said Ted Farrell, CTO Badgeville.
- Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- Sign up - Oracle Cloud
- Learn more - Oracle Cloud
- Join the Oracle Cloud online communities: Twitter, Facebook and blogs
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Aug. 2, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 177
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 1, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 496
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Aug. 1, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 193
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usage of their services for licensing and billing purposes? In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Delano ...
Aug. 1, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 224
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Aug. 1, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 199
Learn how to solve the problem of keeping files in sync between multiple Docker containers. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Aaron Brongersma, Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Modulus, discussed using rsync, GlusterFS, EBS and Bit Torrent Sync. He broke down the tools that are needed to help create a seamless user experience. In the end, can we have an environment where we can easily move Docker containers, servers, and volumes without impacting our applications? He shared his results so you can decide for yourself.
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 794
Palerra, the cloud security automation company, announced enhanced support for Amazon AWS, allowing IT security and DevOps teams to automate activity and configuration monitoring, anomaly detection, and orchestrated remediation, thereby meeting compliance mandates within complex infrastructure deployments. "Monitoring and threat detection for AWS is a non-trivial task. While Amazon's flexible environment facilitates successful DevOps implementations, it adds another layer, which can become a target for potential threats. What's more, securing infrastructure and meeting compliance mandates i...
Jul. 31, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 321
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating the organization can lead to inconsistent masking and exposure of sensitive data. But some organ...
Jul. 30, 2015 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 907
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. The DevOps approach is a way to increase business agility through collaboration, communication, and integration across different teams in the IT organization. In his session at DevOps Summit, Chris Van Tuin, Chief Technologist for the Western US at Red Hat, will discuss: The acceleration of application delivery for the business with DevOps
Jul. 30, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,134
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is relevant to small scale DevOps, and if there is an expectation of growth as the number of build targets,...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,415
"ProfitBricks was founded in 2010 and we are the painless cloud - and we are also the Infrastructure as a Service 2.0 company," noted Achim Weiss, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of ProfitBricks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 30, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,143
"Alert Logic is a managed security service provider that basically deploys technologies, but we support those technologies with the people and process behind it," stated Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 30, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 374
"We specialize in testing. DevOps is all about continuous delivery and accelerating the delivery pipeline and there is no continuous delivery without testing," noted Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect at Spirent Communications, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 30, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 410
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,055
How do you securely enable access to your applications in AWS without exposing any attack surfaces? The answer is usually very complicated because application environments morph over time in response to growing requirements from your employee base, your partners and your customers. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, Haseeb Budhani, CEO and Co-founder of Soha, shared five common approaches that DevOps teams follow to secure access to applications deployed in AWS, Azure, etc., and the friction and risks they impose on the business.
Jul. 29, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 542
Containers are changing the security landscape for software development and deployment. As with any security solutions, security approaches that work for developers, operations personnel and security professionals is a requirement. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kevin Gilpin, CTO and Co-Founder of Conjur, will discuss various security considerations for container-based infrastructure and related DevOps workflows.
Jul. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,098
Delphix, the market leader in Data as a Service (DaaS), has been announced winner of the DevOps Solution Award at the prestigious Computing Vendor Excellence Awards in London. The awards celebrate the achievements of the technology vendors and service providers that are leading the field of enterprise IT. Delphix was recognised as the vendor demonstrating the most effective support of DevOps culture for its ability to improve time to market and collaboration between teams.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 285
Sysdig has announced two significant milestones in its mission to bring infrastructure and application monitoring to the world of containers and microservices: a $10.7 million Series A funding led by Accel and Bain Capital Ventures (BCV); and the general availability of Sysdig Cloud, the first monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting platform specializing in container visibility, which is already used by more than 30 enterprise customers. The funding will be used to drive adoption of Sysdig Cloud in the container market.
Jul. 27, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 482
SYS-CON Events announced today that JFrog, maker of Artifactory, the popular Binary Repository Manager, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based in California, Israel and France, founded by longtime field-experts, JFrog, creator of Artifactory and Bintray, has provided the market with the first Binary Repository solution and a software distribution social platform.
Jul. 27, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,100
"The new SDKs for Go and Java are yet another addition to our growing support for our DevOps community," said Achim Weiss, Co-founder and CEO of ProfitBricks. "Since the launch of ProfitBricks' DevOps Central, the productivity of the DevOps community remains a top priority for our development team. We've built a strong foundation for our DevOps Central users, and intend on continuing this momentum as the year progresses."
Jul. 26, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 334
Overgrown applications have given way to modular applications, driven by the need to break larger problems into smaller problems. Similarly large monolithic development processes have been forced to be broken into smaller agile development cycles. Looking at trends in software development, microservices architectures meet the same demands. Additional benefits of microservices architectures are compartmentalization and a limited impact of service failure versus a complete software malfunction. The problem is there are a lot of moving parts in these designs; this makes assuring performance compl...
Jul. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,036
Sumo Logic has announced comprehensive analytics capabilities for organizations embracing DevOps practices, microservices architectures and containers to build applications. As application architectures evolve toward microservices, containers continue to gain traction for providing the ideal environment to build, deploy and operate these applications across distributed systems. The volume and complexity of data generated by these environments make monitoring and troubleshooting an enormous challenge for development and operations teams. The Sumo Logic Collector and Application for Docker now a...
Jul. 26, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,328
Shipping daily, injecting faults, and keeping an extremely high availability "without Ops"? Understand why NoOps does not mean no operations. Agile development methodologies require evolved operations to be successful. In his keynote at DevOps Summit, David Tesar, Microsoft Technical Evangelist on Microsoft Azure and DevOps, will discuss how Microsoft teams who have made huge progress with a DevOps transformation effectively utilize operations staff and how challenges were overcome. Regardless of whether you are a startup or a mature enterprise, whether you are using PaaS, Micro Services, or ...
Jul. 25, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,236
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,969
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 484