|By Business Wire||
|May 29, 2014 02:32 PM EDT||
WSO2 today announced the guest speakers for WSO2Con Europe 2014. Featured keynote presenters from Cisco, Redmonk and SUSE will be joined by several guest speakers representing enterprise customers and third-party solution providers. Together, they will look at the market forces, technology developments, and best practices moving organizations to become connected businesses.
WSO2’s sixth user conference will be held June 16-18, 2014 at Hotel Rey Juan Carlos in Barcelona, Spain. In addition to the keynotes and guest presentations, the three-day event also features several other technical sessions and tutorials aimed at solving IT professionals’ enterprise integration and management issues. For more information, visit http://eu14.wso2con.com.
Keynotes Will Capture Enterprise’s Evolution Toward a Connected Business
A confluence of technology developments, including the cloud, mobile, APIs, social media and open source, is enabling enterprises to create new connections across employees, customers and partners. The connected businesses that capitalize on these technologies are gaining a competitive edge through new models of agility, business collaboration, monetization and efficiency. WSO2Con Europe 2014 is focused on empowering enterprises with the technology and implementation insights to succeed in the era of the connected business. Details of the full agenda are available at http://eu14.wso2con.com/agenda.
At WSO2Con Europe 2014, keynote presenters will explore the emerging technologies that are enabling the connected business, presenting key concepts around the application of technology to build a lean and agile connected business environment. They include:
- Luca Martini, Cisco Distinguished Engineer leads the Cisco virtualization strategy in two major areas: mobility and home broadband access. He has been involved in the Internet engineering task force (IETF) for the past 15 years, contributing to many IETF standards. Luca will discuss the role of intelligent orchestration and how it is more than simply a Web services engine.
- James Governor, Redmonk Founder and Principal Analyst, leads coverage in the enterprise applications space, assisting with application development, integration middleware and systems management issues. He also has served as an industry expert for television and radio segments with media, such as the BBC. James will examine how open source middleware contributes to the connected business.
- Alan Clark, SUSE Director of Industry Initiatives, Emerging Standards and Open Source, also serves as the chairman of the board at OpenStack. Alan has developed a reputation in fostering the creation, growth, awareness and adoption of open source and open standards across the technology sector. He will explore the evolution of open source cloud platforms in enabling the connected business.
Guest Speakers Highlight Key Priorities of the Connected Enterprise
Joining the keynote presenters at WSO2Con Europe 2014 will be guest speakers who represent some of the world’s leading technology innovators across a broad cross section of markets. These experts: customers, systems integrators, and other third-party solution providers, will present case studies and key concepts around the practical application of technologies to accelerate development and support a connected business model. Featured guest presenters and topics are:
- Case Study: How one of the largest grid management companies uses the complete WSO2 stack to provide a single platform for development of services, Daniël Palstra, Yenlo
- Case Study: Glue Your SaaS Applications Together Using WSO2, Yann Le Blevec PhD, Smartwave SA
- Case Study: CSI Ecosystem Using WSO2 Technology, Fabrizio Barbero, Director of Integration, CSI-Piemonte
- Creating a Master Data Management Solution with WSO2 Products, Giuseppe Bertone, Solution Architect, AlmavivA S.p.A.
- Case Study: redBorder’s Horama CEP Engine, Jaime Nebrera, ENEO Tecnologia
- Case Study: How WSO2 supports Deutsche Telekom implementing an eCare platform including an intelligent emergency call system, Sven-juergen Laemke, T-Systems International GmbH
- Transforming the Business: Building a Next-Generation Big Data Processing Platform, Phil Smith, CIO, Transactis
- Case Study: SOA ‘a-la Russe’, Alexey Smirnov, Head of Integration Solutions Practice, CROC Inc.
- Case Study: How WSO2 Helps Small and Medium Enterprises Adopt SOA, Cyril Rognon, CTO, Emoxa
- Case Study: WSO2 in Social Protection Context, Gabriel Popa, Independent Consultant, Iello-Dev srl
- Case Study: Building a state-of-the-art personal identity management platform with SOA and WSO2, Nestor Fernandez, Barcelona Digital Technology Centre
Complementing the guest presentations will be a series of sessions and in-depth tutorials delivered by leading technical experts at WSO2, who have contributed to many of today’s service-oriented architecture (SOA), XML and open source standards. Additionally, WSO2 architects and developers will deliver sessions and tutorials on enabling technologies and best practices for implementing SOAs, mobile solutions, cloud deployments, API management, security, mediation, business processes, and more.
Sponsors to Highlight Complementary Solutions and Services
In addition to the conference sessions, attendees at WSO2Con Europe 2014 will have an opportunity to learn about complementary technologies, solutions and services from the events’ sponsors.
- GFI, a Gold Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, is one of the leading IT service firms in France and Southern Europe, providing its customers with expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing and software solutions.
- SUSE, a Gold Sponsor and WSO2 Strategic Alliance Partner, is a pioneer in open source software, providing reliable, interoperable Linux and cloud infrastructure solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility, based on more than 20 years of engineering excellence.
- Yenlo, a Gold Sponsor and WSO2 Strategic Alliance Partner, is Dutch-based software development and consulting company with in-depth architectural knowledge in the areas of service-oriented computing, business process management and cloud computing.
- Chakray, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, has more than 15 years of experience in technology consulting, creating complex system architectures for critical systems using open source technologies.
- TCP, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, has offices in Spain and Brazil, and is a leader in delivering agile business process management, SOA, complex event processing (CEP), Business activity monitoring (BAM), open source, quality assurance (QA), and mobile solutions.
- Wipro Technologies, a Silver Sponsor and WSO2 Preferred Partner, is the global IT business of Wipro Limited (NYSE:WIT). A leading information technology, consulting and outsourcing company recognized globally, it has over 130,000 employees and clients across 54 countries.
- Codenvy, a Bronze Sponsor, delivers a continuous development cloud, directly integrated and supported within WSO2 App Cloud and WSO2 App Factory, that improves velocity and control by making developer environments instant, extensible and controllable.
- Emoxa, a Bronze Sponsor headquartered in France, provides assistance in the transformation of its European clients’ IT systems to support an environment where businesses are evolving continuously.
WSO2 delivers on the promise of the connected business with the only completely integrated enterprise platform that enables businesses to build, integrate and manage their APIs, applications, and Web services on-premises, in the cloud, and on mobile devices. Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning 100% open source platform and its robust governance and DevOps functionality for their mission-critical applications. Today, these businesses represent nearly every sector: health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more. Visit http://wso2.com to learn more, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usage of their services for licensing and billing purposes? In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Delano ...
Jul. 29, 2015 02:30 PM EDT
In a recent research, analyst firm IDC found that the average cost of a critical application failure is $500,000 to $1 million per hour and the average total cost of unplanned application downtime is $1.25 billion to $2.5 billion per year for Fortune 1000 companies. In addition to the findings on the cost of the downtime, the research also highlighted best practices for development, testing, application support, infrastructure, and operations teams.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:17 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jul. 29, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 417
Containers are changing the security landscape for software development and deployment. As with any security solutions, security approaches that work for developers, operations personnel and security professionals is a requirement. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kevin Gilpin, CTO and Co-Founder of Conjur, will discuss various security considerations for container-based infrastructure and related DevOps workflows.
Jul. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,054
"ProfitBricks was founded in 2010 and we are the painless cloud - and we are also the Infrastructure as a Service 2.0 company," noted Achim Weiss, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of ProfitBricks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,105
Puppet Labs has announced the next major update to its flagship product: Puppet Enterprise 2015.2. This release includes new features providing DevOps teams with clarity, simplicity and additional management capabilities, including an all-new user interface, an interactive graph for visualizing infrastructure code, a new unified agent and broader infrastructure support.
Jul. 29, 2015 09:00 AM EDT
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is relevant to small scale DevOps, and if there is an expectation of growth as the number of build targets,...
Jul. 28, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,357
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,010
Learn how to solve the problem of keeping files in sync between multiple Docker containers. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Aaron Brongersma, Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Modulus, discussed using rsync, GlusterFS, EBS and Bit Torrent Sync. He broke down the tools that are needed to help create a seamless user experience. In the end, can we have an environment where we can easily move Docker containers, servers, and volumes without impacting our applications? He shared his results so you can decide for yourself.
Jul. 28, 2015 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 716
How do you securely enable access to your applications in AWS without exposing any attack surfaces? The answer is usually very complicated because application environments morph over time in response to growing requirements from your employee base, your partners and your customers. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, Haseeb Budhani, CEO and Co-founder of Soha, shared five common approaches that DevOps teams follow to secure access to applications deployed in AWS, Azure, etc., and the friction and risks they impose on the business.
Jul. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 490
"Alert Logic is a managed security service provider that basically deploys technologies, but we support those technologies with the people and process behind it," stated Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 282
"We specialize in testing. DevOps is all about continuous delivery and accelerating the delivery pipeline and there is no continuous delivery without testing," noted Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect at Spirent Communications, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 28, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 349
Palerra, the cloud security automation company, announced enhanced support for Amazon AWS, allowing IT security and DevOps teams to automate activity and configuration monitoring, anomaly detection, and orchestrated remediation, thereby meeting compliance mandates within complex infrastructure deployments. "Monitoring and threat detection for AWS is a non-trivial task. While Amazon's flexible environment facilitates successful DevOps implementations, it adds another layer, which can become a target for potential threats. What's more, securing infrastructure and meeting compliance mandates i...
Jul. 27, 2015 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 281
Delphix, the market leader in Data as a Service (DaaS), has been announced winner of the DevOps Solution Award at the prestigious Computing Vendor Excellence Awards in London. The awards celebrate the achievements of the technology vendors and service providers that are leading the field of enterprise IT. Delphix was recognised as the vendor demonstrating the most effective support of DevOps culture for its ability to improve time to market and collaboration between teams.
Jul. 27, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 266
Sysdig has announced two significant milestones in its mission to bring infrastructure and application monitoring to the world of containers and microservices: a $10.7 million Series A funding led by Accel and Bain Capital Ventures (BCV); and the general availability of Sysdig Cloud, the first monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting platform specializing in container visibility, which is already used by more than 30 enterprise customers. The funding will be used to drive adoption of Sysdig Cloud in the container market.
Jul. 27, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 416
SYS-CON Events announced today that JFrog, maker of Artifactory, the popular Binary Repository Manager, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based in California, Israel and France, founded by longtime field-experts, JFrog, creator of Artifactory and Bintray, has provided the market with the first Binary Repository solution and a software distribution social platform.
Jul. 27, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,065
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. The DevOps approach is a way to increase business agility through collaboration, communication, and integration across different teams in the IT organization. In his session at DevOps Summit, Chris Van Tuin, Chief Technologist for the Western US at Red Hat, will discuss: The acceleration of application delivery for the business with DevOps
Jul. 27, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,098
Providing the needed data for application development and testing is a huge headache for most organizations. The problems are often the same across companies - speed, quality, cost, and control. Provisioning data can take days or weeks, every time a refresh is required. Using dummy data leads to quality problems. Creating physical copies of large data sets and sending them to distributed teams of developers eats up expensive storage and bandwidth resources. And, all of these copies proliferating the organization can lead to inconsistent masking and exposure of sensitive data. But some organ...
Jul. 26, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 857
"The new SDKs for Go and Java are yet another addition to our growing support for our DevOps community," said Achim Weiss, Co-founder and CEO of ProfitBricks. "Since the launch of ProfitBricks' DevOps Central, the productivity of the DevOps community remains a top priority for our development team. We've built a strong foundation for our DevOps Central users, and intend on continuing this momentum as the year progresses."
Jul. 26, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 292
Overgrown applications have given way to modular applications, driven by the need to break larger problems into smaller problems. Similarly large monolithic development processes have been forced to be broken into smaller agile development cycles. Looking at trends in software development, microservices architectures meet the same demands. Additional benefits of microservices architectures are compartmentalization and a limited impact of service failure versus a complete software malfunction. The problem is there are a lot of moving parts in these designs; this makes assuring performance compl...
Jul. 26, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,005
Sumo Logic has announced comprehensive analytics capabilities for organizations embracing DevOps practices, microservices architectures and containers to build applications. As application architectures evolve toward microservices, containers continue to gain traction for providing the ideal environment to build, deploy and operate these applications across distributed systems. The volume and complexity of data generated by these environments make monitoring and troubleshooting an enormous challenge for development and operations teams. The Sumo Logic Collector and Application for Docker now a...
Jul. 26, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,297
Shipping daily, injecting faults, and keeping an extremely high availability "without Ops"? Understand why NoOps does not mean no operations. Agile development methodologies require evolved operations to be successful. In his keynote at DevOps Summit, David Tesar, Microsoft Technical Evangelist on Microsoft Azure and DevOps, will discuss how Microsoft teams who have made huge progress with a DevOps transformation effectively utilize operations staff and how challenges were overcome. Regardless of whether you are a startup or a mature enterprise, whether you are using PaaS, Micro Services, or ...
Jul. 25, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,209
SYS-CON Events announced today that CommVault has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unp...
Jul. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,945
Electric Cloud and Arynga have announced a product integration partnership that will bring Continuous Delivery solutions to the automotive Internet-of-Things (IoT) market. The joint solution will help automotive manufacturers, OEMs and system integrators adopt DevOps automation and Continuous Delivery practices that reduce software build and release cycle times within the complex and specific parameters of embedded and IoT software systems.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 445
"We provide a service that allows our customers to keep bad guys out and let good guys into their applications running in the public cloud, private cloud or in a classic data center," explained Haseeb Budhani, co-founder and CEO of Soha, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 490